Missouri Medical Malpractice Insurance
eQuoteMD™ Saves Missouri Physicians Money
Save Between 20−40%. Request Your Free Quote Today.
- Every Specialty & Facility in Missouri
- Coverage Availabe for Doctors with Medical Malpractice Claims
- Save an Average of 25% on Premium
- Claims Free & Board Certified Discounts
- Receive Multiple Quotes on Rates
- Bind coverage today
- Occurrence & Claims-Made Coverage
- Obtain the Lowest Premiums Available
Missouri Physicians Start Saving Today!
Requesting a free medical malpractice insurance quote today can save physicians up to 40% on premiums. From Cape Girardeau to Northern Missouri — From Saint Louis to Kansas City; eQuoteMD has multiple solutions available for doctors practicing in the “Show Me State”.
Summary of the Missouri Medical Malpractice Insurance Market
Over the past ten years, the medical malpractice insurance market concentration for Missouri health care providers has not changed significantly. The top five writers insure approximately 70% of the available medical liability insurance market. However, there has been one significant change in the medical malpractice market. This change has been the growth of mutual insurance companies organized under the Chapter 383 RsMO, also known as “383 companies.”
Under this statute the companies are allowed to assess the policyholders in the event that losses exceed premiums. This form of transferring of the risk acts as a substitute for stricter capital and surplus requirements that regulate traditional insurance companies.
Missouri Tort Reform
House Bill 393 was signed into law on March 29, 2005. The following are a few of the significant provisions within the bill:
- Venue is limited to the place of first injury
- Punitive damages are limited to the lesser of $500,000 or five times the actual damages
- Benevolent gestures of sympathy are inadmissible as evidence of liability
- Cap on non-economic damages (Ruled unconstitutional July 31, 2012)
A recent decision by the Supreme Court of Missouri on July 31, 2012 has ruled part of the tort reform law unconstitutional: The $350,000 cap for noneconomic damages has been thrown out. Other parts of the tort reform remain intact.
External Links & Resources for Missouri Physicians & Surgeons
The SIMPLEST way
to SAVE money
Are you saving the most money on your medical malpractice coverage in Missouri?
- Quotes from Multiple “A++” Rated Missouri Medical Malpractice Insurance Companies —
Compare premiums to get the highest quality coverage at the lowest rates possible.
- Coverage is Available in All 50 States for Missouri Physicians
- Prior Acts Coverage Included —
No need to purchase separate tail coverage.
- Access to Multiple Discounts —
- New to Practice Discounts
- Claims Free Discounts
- Medical Group Discounts
- Part-Time Practice Discounts
- Years in Practice Discounts
- American Board Certified Discounts
- Coverage for All Types of Procedures —
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Spa Procedures
- Weight Loss (including HCG)
- Bariatric Surgery
Latest from the eQuoteMD Blog
March 6, 2014
February 26, 2014
February 20, 2014
February 13, 2014