Michigan Medical Malpractice Insurance
The Summary of Michigan's Medical Malpractice Insurance Market
In the state of Michigan, the top six medical malpractice insurance carriers account for approximately 75 percent of the total premium generated for medical liability insurance. The loss ratios of these six medical malpractice insurance carriers show a decreasing trend.
Malpractice claims frequency continues to drop in Michigan, as the total number of reported yearly medical malpractice claims declines as well. The counties with the highest average medical malpractice claim settlement are as follows — Calhoun, Ingham, Kalamazoo, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne. An overall sample of the average liability premium discounts from Michigan medical malpractice insurance companies show an increase while premiums have decreased.
Guaranteed Malpractice Coverage for Michigan Physicians
Utilize eQuoteMD to Obtain Lower Annual Premiums —
- Every Specialty & Facility in Michigan
- “Stand Alone” Tail Coverage Available
- Coverage Available for Doctors with Prior Medical Malpractice Claims
- Claims Free & Board Certified Discounts
- Multiple Quotes on Rates
- Occurrence & Claims-Made Coverage
- Save an Average of 25% on Premium
- “A” Rated Risk Retention Groups & Admitted Insurance Companies
Michigan Doctors Start Saving Today!
Searching for medical malpractice coverage in the Great Lakes State? Requesting a free medical malpractice insurance quote today can save physicians up to 40% on premiums. Let eQuoteMD help you protect your practice in California.
Medical Malpractice Insurance Damage Caps for Michigan Physicians
In 1994, the state of Michigan put damage caps in place for medical malpractice awards. The medical liability damage cap was set at $280,000 for what is called non-financial losses, punitive damages or damages for pain and suffering. As Michigan's cap was set, it was also to be adjusted annually to reflect the average rate of inflation. Brain damage, infertility, and paralysis are exceptions to this cap. These exceptions were set at a limit of $500,000 and were to be adjusted by the annual rate of inflation as well.
External Links & Resources for Michigan Physicians & Surgeons
Michigan Physicians Save on Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Quotes from Multiple “A++” Rated Michigan Medical Malpractice Insurance Companies —
Compare premiums to get the highest quality coverage at the lowest rates possible.
- Coverage is Available in All 50 States for Michigan Physicians
- Prior Acts Coverage Included —
No need to purchase separate tail coverage.
- Access to Multiple Discounts —
- New to Practice Discounts
- Claims Free Discounts
- Medical Group Discounts
- Part-Time Practice Discounts
- Years in Practice Discounts
- American Board Certified Discounts
- Coverage for All Types of Procedures —
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Spa Procedures
- Weight Loss (including HCG)
- Bariatric Surgery
Latest from the eQuoteMD Blog
August 1, 2014
July 18, 2014
July 11, 2014
July 3, 2014